My vision for the USC consists of one where we stand for the needs of students and more specifically where no one is left behind. It will attempt to address a massive issue within the USC – that it acts more like a corporation than an organization meant to put the improvement of the student experience first. My platform is composed of:
- increase support for food support services
- Advocate for (through both council and relevant clubs) more affordable food prices within USC-affiliated eateries
- Establish a Food Insecurity Working Group within council to find long-term solutions to the issue
- take a hard stance of sustainability initiatives on campus and their implementation
- Work with clubs to advocate for divestment/work against greenwashing at Western
- Advocate for greater divestment within faculty councils
- advocate for a more open and include USC through creating a transparent environment within council
- Build a social media presence even after campaign season has ended, updating my followers on council business monthly.
- start a campaign to educate the public on how the USC works and what it could do for them.
For more information, please visit my campaign instagram, marekforcouncillor!
>> Read Full Platform (PDF)